https everywhere update - dlang.org gets an "A" now!

Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 3 18:29:52 PST 2015

On 12/3/15 5:38 PM, Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 December 2015 at 22:17:20 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=dlang.org&hideResults=on
>>
>> Dlang.org gets an "A" now! Thanks to Jan Knepper's efforts.
>
> Nice work by Jan. I know how big of a hassle things like this can be so taking the time to actually
> do it is much appreciated.
>
> On a related note, Let's Encrypt hit public beta today[1]. With that I think we should be able to
> get all of the official infrastructure on TLS now. It's unfortunate it didn't come a bit sooner
> because now the NSA knows I read the entire DUB JSON thread, much to my shame.
>
> 1. https://letsencrypt.org/2015/12/03/entering-public-beta.html

I'm glad that letsencrypt is out there doing the publicity, but getting and using ssl certs has been
free via startssl for several years now.  What this new group is doing is the PR and marketing to
get people to do it, of course under their own umbrella rather than another company's.

- Brad