Release D 2.069.0

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 8 14:07:15 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 8 December 2015 at 13:14:58 UTC, Márcio Martins wrote:
> On Tuesday, 8 December 2015 at 08:39:26 UTC, Jean-Yves
> Vion-Dury wrote:
>> On Monday, 7 December 2015 at 17:32:05 UTC, Márcio Martins
>> wrote:

>>> Windows?
>>
>> Yes indeed, Windows... is it a problem (the previous version
>> was fine with my environment)?
>
> You will need to add the add the LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag to your
> executable manually. It is supposed to be done automatically,
> but it is not working currently, so you will have to do it
> manually... It indeed stopped working since 2.069.0.
> Unfortunately, it is a royal pain in the anus, because you need
> to download the WDK. To save you some pain, if you have Windows
> 10, it's WDK doesn't install property, so you best install WDK
> 8.1 which works smooth. Perhaps there are some other tools that
> do it, but I am always reluctant to download these sort of
> stuff from untrusted sources.

That's fucking ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but strong word are warranted on that one. Memory
consumption have been an issue for a while now. Never freeing and
assuming everything will be already to win few ms out of a build
is the most ridiculous choice dmd has done.

Especially on a 32bits build.

Will this problem be taken seriously at some point ?