DlangIDE update

Georg Wrede via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 9 13:13:34 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 8 December 2015 at 18:18:29 UTC, default0 wrote:
> On Tuesday, 8 December 2015 at 15:58:43 UTC, Vadim Lopatin
> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> DlangIDE is getting close to usable.
>> DlangIDE is and IDE for D programming language written in D
>> using DlangUI library.
>
> Sweet! Glad you're back and working on this!
> Was wanting to give it a shot, but typing } on my keyboard
> (german layout, right-alt + 0) did not actually insert the
> character into the opened document, so I gave up.

As a European, I have a secret trick about keyboards, that I "got
for free" with my Kaypro-II computer (the blue-key version), back
in 1984.

Always use the en-US keyboard when programming. Period!

Keys, such as []{}\/?|*$ etc. are in very handy and quick places.
The inventors of programming languages and operating systems have
put the most used characters in easy-to-reach keys. -- And on top
of it, all of the funky key combinations just work.

On Linux, I merely press both Shifts to temporarily switch to my
native language, which I only need for text strings, nothing
else. I'd expect Windows and Mac to provide something similar.

After a couple of weeks, you'll never look back.