MurmurHash3

Ilya via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 10 17:51:09 PST 2015

On Thursday, 10 December 2015 at 22:25:21 UTC, Guillaume Chatelet
wrote:
> Here is an implementation of MurmurHash [1] for D.
> http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/1b94ed0aa96e
>
> I'll do a proper pull request later on for addition to
> std.digest if the community feels like it's a valuable addition.
>
> Guillaume
>
> --
> 1 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MurmurHash

http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/1b94ed0aa96e#line-222 - seed is uint, can
it be ulong?

Mutmur hash has three stages:
1. Computation of hash for blocks (32bit or 128bit)
2. Compitation of hash for tail (remainder)
3. Finalization.

I will be very happy, if step 1 will be represented as an output
range. Then it can be used directly like reduce aggregator for
ranges and multidimensional slices.