Small minesweeper game in D

stew via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 19 22:26:43 PST 2015

On Sunday, 20 December 2015 at 02:11:58 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> code here:
> http://arsdnet.net/dcode/minesweeper.d
>
> [...]

Nice!

I love doing this kind of thing on a lazy Sunday. Pick any 80's
arcade game and try to implement as much as possible in an hour.
I have several languages I cycle through but the last 1-hour
gamehack in D I did is here:

"D-Invaders" under: http://dgame-dev.de/index.php?controller=wip

The Github repo now has a bunch of extra commits since that
initial hour to keep it compiling with Dgame and D. It isn't
pretty, nor idiomatic, but I was learning D and Dgame at the same
time in that hour :)

I realised two things from that first hour with D, which have
both proved true so far:

a) (the most important for me) I can be as productive in D as I
am in Python but still keep my static typing and native
performance I get with C/C++.

b) D is only going to keep improving.

Cheers,
Stew