DlangIDE - initial GDB debugger support

default0 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 21 10:20:00 PST 2015

On Monday, 21 December 2015 at 18:03:32 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
> On Sunday, 20 December 2015 at 13:53:33 UTC, default0 wrote:
>> This is quick progress! Awesome! I finally have some free time
>> on my hands, so I deleted my workspace and tried to set things
>> up following the How to hack on DlangIDE steps again. After
>> doing that and trying to compile on Debug/Win32 I get output
>> with a linker error:
>> Any help in somehow getting this all to build would be much
>> appreciated. Oh and of course "dub run" works just fine.
>
> For me, Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition + recent Visual D
> works ok.
> Try to create some helloworld project using VisualD and build
> it. Does it work?
>
> Clone dlangui and dlangide into the same directory (!!!)
> Inside dlangui directory create directory /deps and clone
> dependencies into it (as described in readme).
> Open dlangui/dlangui-msvc.sln
> In workspace, select dlangide as a startup project.
> Build dlangide.
>
> As well you can try to build other projects (e.g. dmledit,
> tetris, example1) - does it work?

Simple Hello World project compiles and runs okay.

I did do that. My directory structure is like this:
DCode/dlangide
DCode/dlangui
DCode/dlangui/deps/<lots-of-stuff-in-here>

Which I assume is what you are describing.
I just tried opening the setup I had from last time (ie
dlangui-msvc.sln) and compile that (startup project set and all),
now I get
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
OPTLINK : Warning 9: Unknown Option : OUT
OPTLINK : Error 12: Number Overflow :
Building Debug\dlangide.exe failed!

I'm starting to think that either my VS or VD installation is
cursed (I recently reinstalled VS though, so that shouldn't be
it, maybe VD? But it generally works and I do have the latest
stable version of it).

I redid my setup again right now, though, but apparently the
current master has some compiler errors:
src\dlangui\core\files.d(264): Error: cannot implicitly convert
expression (lastSlash + 1LU) of type ulong to uint
src\dlangui\core\files.d(354): Error: cannot implicitly convert
expression (start) of type ulong to uint.

After crudely fixing these with cast(uint) I got it to build
though.
So, something about my computer is definitely cursed (I ran the
EXACT same commands as always - basically straight copy-paste
from the Readme in DlangIDE and I didn't notice any changes to
this file since I first did the setup).

Anyhow, it finally builds! \o/

Thanks a lot for the help and putting up with my incompetence at
diagnosing issues through this, will probably start hacking away
on things as time permits :-)