Better docs for D (WIP)

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 29 20:03:42 PST 2015

On 12/29/2015 09:09 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Putting one item per page is far more important than I even realized
> before getting into this.

We already have that:

https://dlang.org/library/std/array/join.html

If I search for dlang array join that the third hit on google if I'm
logged in, and the SECOND hit if I use an anonymous session that gives
google no information about my searching habits. I hope you'll agree
that renders the rest of your post moot, for which reason I afforded to
snip it.

Adam, there's no nice way to put what follows. You can code a great
deal, and I think the world of your engineering skills. But there is
something to be said about a bias for action at the expense of strategy.
I completely understand it's a lot more fun to start a project than to
bring it to completion, but as they say in hardware, it's retired
instructions that count. I wish you'd consider converting some of your
myriad brilliant snippets into completed projects pushed into the
standard distribution for prime time, and also (for this case) to
consider strengthening the documentation tools we already have.

Andrei