2015 H1 Vision

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 1 06:23:18 PST 2015

On Sunday, 1 February 2015 at 10:20:47 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> I'd really like "Emphasize vibe.d" to be replaced with
> "Emphasize dub". Get the latter and you get the former
> essentially for free (and it is WIP already).

I wish inclusions like this would go through a code review, the
sort we put new Phobos modules through. I don't use Dub but in #d
you can regularly hear complaints about it crashing or inversely,
silently catching all exceptions in some places.

Of course, this is wishful thinking - we have no resources to
spare for such reviews, no resources to follow up on such
reviews, and no resources to come up with alternatives that would
pass these hypothetical reviews.

Still, who is going to take care of all these issues?

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dub/issues