2015 H1 Vision

Jerry Morrison via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 1 17:43:01 PST 2015

On Monday, 2 February 2015 at 00:58:53 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 2/1/15 3:52 PM, Jerry Morrison wrote:
>> The other big thing missing from the Vision doc is picking a
>> niche,
>
> That may as well come later - or not at all. We don't think it
> is now time to commit to a particular niche.

OK. Just keep in mind that if you want to “cross the chasm” from
visionaries to pragmatics, it requires meeting 100% of the needs
of at least one niche (whether that's real-time, bare-metal,
desktop apps, web servers, data analysis, mobile apps, or
whatever).

It does no good to meet 90% of the needs of many niches.

https://blogs.saphana.com/2013/02/04/the-end-of-the-beginning-sap-hana-has-crossed-the-chasm/