This Week in D: Issue #4

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 2 11:52:00 PST 2015

On Monday, 2 February 2015 at 04:57:10 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> I can't believe it, but yet another week has already passed, so
> up late to release this again!
>
> http://arsdnet.net/this-week-in-d/feb-01.html
>
> Early bird registration open for DConf, 2015 Vision released,
> GUI and Windows development on the forums.
>
> Today's tip is about class destructors, and Project Spotlight
> makes a return to introduce simpledisplay.d, in the first in
> what will become a series that walks us through making a bit of
> a little game in D. (Expect this to not be each week, it takes
> me a long time to write the project spotlight and I've been
> very busy lately and expect to continue being busy in the
> coming weeks. I'll probably try to do it every other week
> rather than every week.)
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/2uhgzr/this_week_in_d_2015_vision_released_tip_on/
>
> https://twitter.com/adamdruppe/status/562112301248290816

I'm not sure if every week needs a post to reddit. You're likely
to increase the number of people who feel it is spam:
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/2uhgzr/this_week_in_d_2015_vision_released_tip_on/co8v9y5

Besides, there may be weeks we want to obtain more attraction and
that can be hard to do if every week is always posted.

Remember, those who have found "this week" interested are either
following it with RSS, this forum, or /r/d_language