This Week in D: Issue #4

via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 3 06:55:12 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 3 February 2015 at 14:34:13 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Tuesday, 3 February 2015 at 09:23:43 UTC, Ulrich Küttler
> wrote:
>> $ dmd window.d simpledisplay.d color.d
>> simpledisplay.d(550): Error: module color is in file
>
> Huh, that should work, did you remember to download color.d to
> the same directory too?

Yes, I did. Now, I am confused about this, since it did not work
yesterday (I still have the terminal output) but it does now.
Here is what I did:

$ cd arsd
$ git pull
$ dmd window.d simpledisplay.d color.d
simpledisplay.d(550): Error: module color is in file

$ mkdir arsd
$ cp color.d arsd/
$ dmd window.d simpledisplay.d arsd/color.d # works
$ rm -rf arsd
$ dmd window.d simpledisplay.d color.d # works as well

This is an error on my part, most definitely.

However, rdmd still refuses to work

$ rdmd window.d
simpledisplay.d(550): Error: module color is in file
'arsd/color.d' which cannot be read