Deadcode - Widgets and Styling post

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 9 13:08:16 PST 2015

On Monday, 9 February 2015 at 20:33:46 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
> I made a short post about extending Deadcode (D editor) with a
> custom widget and how to style it using CSS.
>
> http://deadcodedev.steamwinter.com/
>
> Enjoy
> /Jonas
>
> PS. I'm still wondering what to do about the name clash with
> one of the nick names on this forum ie. deadcode.

Very cool stuff. Is the majority of that time it takes to
compile, the state serialization/deserialization or is dmd being
that slow?

It would be really neat to integrate with neovim so we vim users
could get our beloved keybindings. Neovim has enabling
integration with editors as one of its design goals though I'm
not sure how far along they are on this front. Last I heard it
was supposed to be over a messagepack API.

It'd be cool if you went over how you've implemented all of this
a bit. The architecture seems very interesting.

A higher resolution recording would be nice. Some of the
characters get lost at this resolution.

I've never seen anyone post under the name "deadcode" on the
forums so don't think there is much potential for confusion
(especially since one is a project and another is a person). I
think you should keep the name.