DDocs.org: auto-generated documentation for all DUB projects (WIP)

Kiith-Sa via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 10 14:40:17 PST 2015

DDocs.org (http://ddocs.org) is a repository of documentation for
DUB projects that automatically re-generates docs as new
projects/releases/branch changes are added.

The idea is to make documenting D projects as simple as possible,
to the point where you don't need to do any work to get
documentation for your project other than adding it to the DUB
registry. Also, users can now browse documentation for DUB
projects even if the author was too lazy to generate it
themselves (assuming thy did include some documentation comments).

Note that this is still in a very early stage, it was put
together in a very quick-and-dirty style by a person with little
webdev experience. Currently it just scans `code.dlang.org`,
looking for changes (yes, I know, this will break as soon as
code.dlang.org changes, I plan to raise issue/s (PRs?) to the dub
registry project so it can have a full/stable API, but I wanted
to get something to work *right now*.

Code is here:

* ddocs.org: https://github.com/kiith-sa/ddocs.org
* hmod-dub: https://github.com/kiith-sa/hmod-dub
* harbored-mod: https://github.com/kiith-sa/harbored-mod

Background:

When optimizing harbored-mod by testing it on big D projects
(gtk-d, tango, vibe.d, etc.), I wrote a simple tool to
fetch/generate docs for any DUB project; I got carried away and
used that as base for a tool that checks for changes in the DUB
registry and generates docs for all projects.