Packt is looking for someone to author a "Learning D"

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 14 10:09:51 PST 2015

On 2/14/15 9:13 AM, Israel wrote:
> On Saturday, 14 February 2015 at 16:25:30 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>
>> "We have recently commissioned a book on D, titled ' Learning D '.
>> This book will have approximately 400 pages and and the vision behind
>> this book is to introduce practical concepts and tasks specific to D
>> programming."
>

> That doesn't really sound like "Learning D". It sounds more like " Why D
> is superior"

Huh? Doesn't seem at all to me.

"Learning furniture maintenance. This book will have approximately 400
pages and and the vision behind this book is to introduce practical
concepts and tasks specific to furniture maintenance."

It's a very generic characterization, even a tad too generic. If I were
an acquisition editor I'd go for more eloquent phrasing ("this book" is
repeated etc).

Andrei