Calypso: Direct and full interfacing to C++

Kelly via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 16 18:16:57 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 17 February 2015 at 01:53:22 UTC, Elie Morisse wrote:
> Hi Kelly,
>
> It's done, I've merged latest LDC upstream + your build fixes
> into Calypso.

Alright, cool. I pulled it here and things build fine on Linux.
Showcase and string examples work nicely.

> About Microsoft vtables they work much more differently from
> the Itanium ones than I thought, it's going to a lot trickier
> than just a few lines of code so I won't be able to make D
> classes inheriting from C++ ones work on MSVC until I setup a
> dev environment on Windows.

Ok, developing on Win is not the nicest right now. I use Qt and
it seems like the best option (change to msvc when needed...like
to change the Debug/Release build types because the command line
and Qt don't seem persistent).

> It's just those « D-C++ classes » though, the rest has a better
> chance to work now.

Ok, I might try to build again here and see how it goes.

Thanks,
Kelly

P.S. I HATE THIS FORUM EDITOR----please add a preview button,
whoever takes care of this!?!? I take notes in a different editor
and then paste here and it looks fine, only to end up mangled
when actually submitted...ugh!!!!  :)