DlangIDE

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 18 00:21:18 PST 2015

On 17.02.2015 20:41, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
> It looks like we need to develop some universal debugger library.
> For linux, it can use gdb as a backend.
> For windows - I'm not sure. Is there any console debugger which can
> debug dmd generated executables? I've checked windbg shipped with dmd,
> but it looks like it is GUI, and cannot be used as backend via console.
> Trying to play with my own implementation of debugger using win32 API.
>
> Probably there is already some debugger interface written in D?

On Windows, there is mago (https://github.com/rainers/mago), a debug
engine that integrates with Visual Studio, but it's actually not limited
to that. It might be rather complicated to host it, though, you'll have
to interface with IDebugEngine2 and all its subclasses
(https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb145310.aspx).

If you want a text interface, the Debugging Tools for Windows
(https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/hh852365) also
contain cdb, a command line version of windbg (forget about the one
distributed with dmd). For Win32, you'll have to convert the old
CodeView debug info written by optlink to PDB format using cv2pdb, though.