Dgame revived

stewarth via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 24 03:43:52 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 10:01:11 UTC, Namespace wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 09:56:56 UTC, Gan wrote:

>>> It semms there is a problem with ma DUB package:
>>> ----
>>> Branch ~beta: Got JSON of type undefined, expected object.
>>> Branch ~tune: Got JSON of type undefined, expected object.
>>> ----
>>>
>>> I deleted these branches, drafted a new tag and tried to
>>> trigger a manual update, but nothing happens.
>>
>> I had to force dub to upgrade in order for it to pull the
>> latest code from the master branch.
>>
>> But on the plus side it runs.
>>
>> On the downside it still only displays a blank white screen
>> for Mac users.
>
> Yeah, that is really strange. For all tutorials?
>
> I have already started on the weekend to begin Dgame 0.5 and
> revise the whole. So that's at least a glimmer of hope.

Try commenting out this line:

SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_FLAGS,
SDL_GL_CONTEXT_FORWARD_COMPATIBLE_FLAG)

According to the opengl.org wiki this flag should not be used
except in GL 3.0 and was made redundant in GL 3.1. The code
snippet above is trying to set MAJOR.MINOR as GL 3.3.

I just had an issue on Linux with a blank screen. Commenting out
this line resolved the issue.

Cheers,
stew