Dgame revived

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 25 19:01:37 PST 2015

On 26/02/2015 3:57 p.m., Gan wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 February 2015 at 02:32:51 UTC, stewarth wrote:
>>

>> I'd also try hacking in Window.d directly to see if even basic gl
>> commands work, e.g. immediately after window and context creation, try
>> rendering a triangle then tweak the context initialisation to see if
>> it affects anything.
>>
>> It may help you track down exactly which part of the GL setup is
>> causing problems.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Stew
>
> I know almost nothing about OpenGL but using your method(sorta):
> void reportGLErrors() {
>      GLenum errCode;
>      const GLubyte *errString;
>      if ((errCode = glGetError()) != GL_NO_ERROR)
>      {
>          writeln("OPEN GL ERROR: ", errCode);
>      }
> }
>
> I get error code 1282 repeatedly.
>
>  From a google search someone says:
> "First, glGetError() will return 1282 - invalid operation if the GL
> context is not current (or not yet created). So, create your context
> first, then call glGetError. And, verify that any parent class or member
> class does not call GL functions in their constructors or prior to
> context being created."
>
> Can someone with more OpenGL knowledge clarify what this means?

1. Program starts
2. Window gets created
3. Context gets created
4. Context is activated
5. Profit???

Basically before the context is created and activated you cannot call
any OpenGL functions. If you do, they will error out.

The bit about constructors ext. don't worry about it. Its just about
e.g. where the calls to OpenGL can exist.