Dgame revived

Namespace via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 26 14:27:11 PST 2015

On Thursday, 26 February 2015 at 22:09:33 UTC, stewarth wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 February 2015 at 20:43:20 UTC, Namespace wrote:
>> I've just pushed the current state of the 0.5.0 version:
>> https://github.com/Dgame/Dgame/tree/0.5.0
>>
>> It's far from finished but it works. So if anyone has
>> requests, wishes or suggestions: now is the time. :)
>
> That's great :)
>

> At the moment my small test apps don't build due to missing
> features such as Audio, System.Clock etc. I assume these will
> be added as work progresses?

No, only the tests in test/main.d are working currently.
But it's possible, that Dgame 0.5.0 will break some things.
E.g. The static make methods in Shape and Surface were converted
into CTor calls and I guess that I will abandon Image and TileMap.

Next step is Font, Text and Spritesheet. Then I'll inspect Clock,
Power and MessageBox and in the end I'll inspect Audio. I think
the most breaking changes will happen here, because I'll use this
time SDL_Audio instead of OpenAL.

> I'll do some testing over the weekend with what's in place on
> the 0.5.0 branch and submit bug reports if I find anything.
>
> Cheers,
> Stew

Thanks, that would be great!