DlangUI project update

Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 5 03:22:31 PST 2015

On Monday, 5 January 2015 at 09:43:28 UTC, Manu via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On 26 December 2014 at 22:33, Vadim Lopatin via
> Digitalmars-d-announce
> <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> DlangUI project is alive and under active development.
>>
>> https://github.com/buggins/dlangui
>>
> Is there any chance of supporting user-supplied rendering
> primitives?
> If this were a library that lived above some application
> supplied
> rendering primitives, then I could make use of this.
>
> What rendering primitives are required? Pixel buffers? Any
> vertex
> processing happening? Text I imagine is a tough one...

Not sure what do you mean under user supplied rendering
primitives.

If you want to render UI into custom rendering buffer, you can
define DrawBuf based class.
It requires following drawing primitives to be implemented:
- fill whole buffer with solid color
- fill rectangle with solid color
- draw font glyph (8 bit alpha image)
- draw 32 bit RGBA image

If your app is OpenGL based, there is already GLDrawBuf wich
draws into opengl.

As well, UI can be drawn in ColorDrawBuf - 32bit RGBA buffer -
and then transferred to your surface.

For embedding into third party framework, dlangui needs external
mouse and key events translated into its own events.