D idioms list

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 8 04:28:00 PST 2015

On Thu, 08 Jan 2015 11:41:42 +0000
Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 8 January 2015 at 11:31:14 UTC, ketmar via
> Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> > On Thu, 08 Jan 2015 11:24:34 +0000
> > Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d-announce
> > <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> >> They are really cool, thanks :)
> >>
> >> Question:
> >>
> >> Where did this syntax came from? It is not documented for
> >> 'import' keyword.(first time I see that D has built-in
> >> resource compiler):
> >>
> >> ubyte[] sdlBytes = cast(ubyte[]) import("SDL2.dll");
> > it is documented:
> > http://dlang.org/expression.html#ImportExpression
> > it's a nice D habit of overloading keywords.
>
> Ah, thanks. Follow up then: can such imported string be used for
> mixin?
sure. either directly, or you can use CTFE to parse imported data and
generate code. for now it's somewhat limited, 'cause CTFE parsing eats
alot of memory, but when we'll have 128GB of RAM at bare minimum... i
don't think that i'll be using external preprocessors to generate D
code from various text and binary files.