D idioms list

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 8 12:16:22 PST 2015

A note:

a resource compiler is still useful for things like giving a
Windows program an icon or other such things where the operating
system needs to find the data, since the OS doesn't know how D
stores info.

(a fun project that I'm kinda tempted to do some day btw: make
program that CAN fetch imported data from a D program. Maybe
reading the executable, or maybe establishing a command line
protocol to fetch it with the program's help. )

You can compile resources on Windows in D exactly the same way as
in C.

Another thing too, I'm starting work on a "This week in D" thing
and tips like these are one of the things I'd like to put in it.
I guess I don't have anything else to say about it right now, I
still have some more prep work to do, but if any of you have
idioms or tricks, we should compile a list for reference and
perhaps slightly longer articles about their use we can stick in
the newsletter. (I'm thinking the length should only be 2-5
paragraphs.)