We're looking for a Software Developer! (D language)

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 8 19:05:23 PST 2015

On 9/01/2015 2:53 p.m., John Carter via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> Whilst we are not currently using D at Tait Electronics....
>
> I am certainly trying to make it happen.
>
> So if this job fits you...
> http://www.taitradio.com/about-us/careers/new-zealand/jobs-in-new-zealand/embedded-software-engineer2
>
> You can help me try!
>
> Part of the problem  with getting a new language accepted in a company,
> is to develop a critical mass of willing and capable programmers in that
> language.
>

> On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 2:20 AM, Rikki Cattermole via
> Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
> <mailto:digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 9/01/2015 12:10 a.m., Johanna Burgos wrote:
>
>         Your Mission
>
>         Support our team in the development of our event-based
>         infrastructure
>         Development of high-performance applications and services
>         Writing applications to work with our distributed DHT database
>         system
>         You will be coding in the D-language
>
>         Your Track Record
>
>         Degree in Computer Science, or closely-related
>         Knowledge of Github
>         Strong interest in distributed architectures
>         Experienced in C, C++ or D (you’ll be programming in D)
>         Fluency in written and spoken English
>
>         Your Style
>
>         You don’t like being thrown in at the deep end. You like to jump
>         yourself
>         You live and breathe globalization and love to work and travel
>         internationally
>         You mesmerize people with a friendly and open-minded, yet
>         trustworthy
>         and reliable personality
>         You think in achievements, not in departments, responsibilities or
>         hierarchy
>         As a quick learner, first mover and fast thinker you can keep
>         pace with
>         one of the fastest growing technology start ups
>         You are driven by curiosity and innovation, and always up for a good
>         challenge
>
>         Our Promise
>
>         Employment in Berlin, full-time and full of fun challenges, with
>         flexible working hours
>         Access to a high-profile professional network of international
>         Internet
>         companies
>         Possibility to show your excellent competence and your creative
>         ideas to
>         a broad audience
>         A competitive compensation and incentive plan that rocks when
>         you rock
>         Personal development and training that will help you evolve from
>         the pro
>         you are right now to the champ you’re destined to be
>         Basic German language courses for non-native speakers
>         Help with residence permit processing for non-EU citizens
>         Daily adrenalin rushes while working and learning in one of the
>         fastest
>         growing sectors in online advertising
> [...]

Wow there is actually somebody working right round the corner of me!
I did not expect this.

Out of curiosity how do you guys consider CPIT's Degree in ICT keep in
mind that it doesn't cover c/c++. Well until I pushed for D(native) anyway.