DConf 2015 Call for Submissions is now open

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 11 12:17:16 PST 2015

On 10 January 2015 at 20:15, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

>>> Yes. -- Andrei
>>

>> I should add that gdc is a topic of much interest so pretty much anything
>> you
>> say would be interesting. I compel you to prepare a full talk. -- Andrei
>>

> I agree. There's no way you don't have interesting things to talk about! For
> example, what is your process for integrating dmd changes into gdc? What are
> the advantages/disadvantages of gdc? What are the biggest challenges you
> face working on gdc? What's the hardest problem you solved with gdc? How can
> others help out? Etc.

Talking about that probably extends a possible talk to 30 minutes,
covering two subjects. :o)

I could do a talk about GNU + D, which pretty much covers what I've
done over the last year, and what I intend to do over the next.  Many
things are happening - gccjitd (D bindings for JIT library with gcc
backend), gdb (D repl in debugger), binutils (GNU ld, nm, objdump
getting D demangling support), gdc...

Possibly one thing that I find difficult when it comes to considering
timing is that I have no notion of *slow down* - this is a common
trait with people in general from my region of the UK.  It may sound
strange, but Londoners are pretty dull in my ears as they can
occasionally speak too slow for me to follow (I hear each individual
word, but the connection between gets lost).  I also found the same
when talking my way around the California Bay Area, with the added
effect of an American accent that I was never sure if they speaking in
sarcasm or not.

I digress, I will have to sit down and write some things up and we'll
see where I get.

Regards,
Iain.