This Week in D, issue 1

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 13 06:59:36 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 13 January 2015 at 14:47:15 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> Out if curiosity - how much of your effort/time did it take to
> make it?

A few hours (about five) for this first one. I'm hoping each
subsequent one will be about one hour. (I was behind schedule not
because it took a long time to do, but just because I've had a
lot of other things to do too.)

I spent like an hour just trying to find a bugzilla search that
was meaningful. Then I manually copy/pasted the links in, put a
bit of css style on it over the next hour or so, then wrote up
the longer text portions and edited a bit more over the next hour.

But now that I have the basic layout and know how to get the
stats I want, I'll either simply copy/paste them as a starting
point for next time or write a little program to auto-generate
that stuff and manually cut it down to size.