This Week in D, issue 1

Zach the Mystic via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 14 15:01:17 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 at 14:43:51 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> Once the bugs are worked out, like half of this can be
> automated too and the other half can be written some time in
> advance.
>
> For example, I now have the next two "tip of the week" bits
> written already (and if something else comes up, I'll just put
> them to the backlog, there's no time sensitivity or order
> requirements for these tips, they stand alone).
>
> I don't want it to be too automated, I think that's not very
> interesting, but I am doing some of it that way to keep it more
> consistent. Worst case, if I'm too busy in a week to do
> something new, I can just slap together the automatic list of
> links, paste in a tip from the backlog, and call it good enough
> for now,

You have to synch it with your natural energy. Some weeks, just a
few little tips. A lot of pots brewing in the background, but
none come to the fore that week. Then periodically, a big soup.
Solicit articles when a big issue is coming up - it will probably
spur people into writing more. Curating content has become a
somewhat thankless job since the "death of print", but people
still love rituals. For example, an annual conference is just as
important as a ritual as it is a place to learn.

It's fantastic that you've started this, BTW!