Deadcode: A code editor in D

Jonas Drewsen via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 16 22:14:10 PST 2015

On Saturday, 17 January 2015 at 01:07:14 UTC, MattCoder wrote:
> On Friday, 16 January 2015 at 21:19:08 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
>> I have been working on an editor written in D for use with D
>> for some time now and have made a blog post about it.
>>
>> Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.
>
> Neat and nice use of the libdparser! In fact I'm writing a
> editor for myself and I will do something like this too.

I used most of last year just getting the gui framework, resource
management, animation framework, text editor etc. working.
Integrating libdparser after that only took a couple of days.

If you are writing an editor yourself you can definitely get to
similar state by using existing gui libraries etc. I didn't go
that route partly because of the NIH syndrome and partly because
I wanted a gui framework that would feel familiar to web
developers for styling.

Do you have some info/link to your editor?