typescript plugin for vibe.d diet templates

Fatih Kadir Akin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 17 10:24:51 PST 2015

> First, creating temporary files with predictable names is a bad
> idea, because it opens the door for symlink attacks.
> Unfortunately, I don't know of an alternative way to do this
> safely using only the standard library; it seems, this crucial
> functionality is missing. I've asked here:

TypeScript compiler doesn't accept stdin pipes, I tried using
Unix fifo but since I'm not an Unix expert, couldn't figure it
out. The last thing was using a temporary file -- which also
sounds not good to me :)

> The second thing is that you're using `pipeShell()`, which
> takes only the entire command as a parameter. Because this
> command will be interpreted by the shell, you have to make sure
> that all you're arguments are correctly escaped. However, in
> your case you don't actually need a shell; `pipeProcess()` is a
> better solution, because it takes the argument list as an array:
>
>     auto pipes = pipeProcess(
>         ["tsc", inputFileName, "--out", outputFileName],
>         Redirect.stderrToStdout | Redirect.stdout
>     );

It really makes sense, I'm going to update -- you also can open a
PR.

I met the language yesterday, I wrote the package yesterday :) I
don't know internals, but when I learn them, (which is happening
by now) going to fix it,

Thanks for your detailed comments! :)