Deadcode: A code editor in D

Jonas Drewsen via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 19 04:48:23 PST 2015

On Sunday, 18 January 2015 at 22:00:51 UTC, Piotrek wrote:
> On Friday, 16 January 2015 at 21:19:08 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
>> I have been working on an editor written in D for use with D
>> for some time now and have made a blog post about it.
>>
>> Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.
>>
>> http://deadcodedev.steamwinter.com
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jonas
>
> Hi,
>
> This is an impressive work. I's really nice to see a
> presentation of how much help can be provided from the D editor
> and existing language labiaries.
>
> I have several questions as well:
>
> 1. Was the libdparser integrated with extension system or is it
> embedded in the core?

Done with the extension system.

> 2. What are the dependencies?

sdl2, opengl, freetype, libdparse (if you want the extension for
D semantic)

I am keeping an eye on some of the native D input/window
libraries that is being worked on in the hope of being able to
replace the SDL2 dependency.

> 3. How hard it would be to change the feel&look of the gui as
> it is in conventional editors (Visual, MonoDeveop, GtCreator,
> Eclipse). I mean menus, buttons, views etc?

Would require some more views/controls to be created. The styling
is done through CSS sheets. A common subset of CSS keys are
supported but maybe a few more would be needed.