Calypso: Direct and full interfacing to C++

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 21 13:26:06 PST 2015

On 12/22/2014 3:14 PM, Elie Morisse wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have the pleasure to announce to you all the existence of a modified LDC able
> to interface directly to C++ libraries, wiping out the need to write bindings:
>
>   https://github.com/Syniurge/Calypso

I think this is an exciting development!

Considering the new D support for C++ namespaces, template mangling, etc., I
think it would make Calypso's job easier. The big challenge is to get an
interface to C++ STL, so one could do:

   import core.stdcpp.stl.vector;

for example.

I'd also like to encourage you to submit a Dconf 2015 presentation proposal on this.