DLang Silicon Valley First Meetup

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 23 12:05:51 PST 2015

Hi folks,

Yesterday's first DLang/Silicon Valley Meetup was really nice. We've had
three talks (even I talked in spite of having a really hoarse voice
following a cold) and we've made a number of important plans and
decisions going forward.

Vic Cekvenich, the initiator of the meetup, was ousted following
political infighting and replaced by Ali Çehreli. I'm kidding - but only
partially! Vic is the busy CEO of http://apakau.com (btw: they're
hiring) and he wanted someone else to take the operations of the meetup.
Ali graciously accepted the role. Vic will continue providing venue for
the meetups, which is no small feat - the room we were in today would
ordinarily rent for $2000. Vic used his karma with http://sv.tie.org to
get the room for free. (Aside from the fact it could have doubled for a
fridge, the venue was really nice.) Many thanks to Vic and TiE!

BTW Vic is a great guy to talk to. He has that uncanny ability of
entrepreneurs to move things forward with each sentence he utters. A
good contrast with the Infinite Bickering(tm) that seems to be sometimes
going on in our forums. Vic provided a few very interesting high-level
ideas for D that we plan to bring up for review soon.

Anyhow, the long and short of it is we've started with the right foot
with DLang/Silicon Valley. We're waiting for the president to state the
frequency and usual meeting days and times, etc.

If you're in the area, join us! Stay tuned for more announcements.

Andrei