DlangUI

John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 02:28:07 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 10:13:12 UTC, Vadim Lopatin
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 10:01:44 UTC, John Colvin
> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 04:11:20 UTC, Vadim Lopatin
>> wrote:

>>> Never tried it on mac.
>>> I believe, if OpenGL context cannot be created, DlangUI SDL
>>> backend should switch to bare SDL (sw renderer).
>>> I would rather expect that app crashes on missing fonts.
>>> Linux (and mac) font paths are hardcoded. Where are .ttf
>>> files located on macos? Fast and dirty fix is possible - add
>>> paths for a few mac fonts.
>>> Could you please share startup logs?
>>>
>>> As well, you can try to build w/o OpenGL - clone repository
>>> and remove USE_OPENGL version from dub.json
>>
>> All the projects in examples/ crash on OS X in functions
>> relating to text AFAICS.
>>
>> Font locations on OS X: http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201722
>
> Could you please share file list of /Library/Fonts/ and
> /System/Library/Fonts/ ?

ls /Library/Fonts/ /System/Library/Fonts/
/Library/Fonts/:
Al Nile.ttc                          Hannotate.ttc
         STIXSizFourSymBol.otf
Al Tarikh.ttc                        Hanzipen.ttc
         STIXSizFourSymReg.otf
AlBayan.ttc                          HeadlineA.ttf
         STIXSizOneSymBol.otf
AmericanTypewriter.ttc               Herculanum.ttf
         STIXSizOneSymReg.otf
Andale Mono.ttf                      Hiragino Sans GB W3.otf
         STIXSizThreeSymBol.otf
Apple Chancery.ttf                   Hiragino Sans GB W6.otf
         STIXSizThreeSymReg.otf
AppleGothic.ttf                      Hoefler Text Ornaments.ttf
         STIXSizTwoSymBol.otf
AppleMyungjo.ttf                     Hoefler Text.ttc
         STIXSizTwoSymReg.otf
AppleSDGothicNeo-ExtraBold.otf       ITFDevanagari.ttc
         STIXVar.otf
AppleSDGothicNeo-Heavy.otf           Impact.ttf
         STIXVarBol.otf
AppleSDGothicNeo-Light.otf           InaiMathi.ttf
         Sana.ttc
AppleSDGothicNeo-Medium.otf          Iowan Old Style.ttc
         Sathu.ttf
AppleSDGothicNeo-SemiBold.otf        Kailasa.ttf
         Savoye LET.ttc
AppleSDGothicNeo-Thin.otf            Kaiti.ttc
         Seravek.ttc
AppleSDGothicNeo-UltraLight.otf      Kannada MN.ttc
         Shree714.ttc
Arial Black.ttf                      Kannada Sangam MN.ttc
         SignPainter.otf
Arial Bold Italic.ttf                Kefa.ttc
         Silom.ttf
Arial Bold.ttf                       Khmer MN.ttc
         Sinhala MN.ttc
Arial Italic.ttf                     Khmer Sangam MN.ttf
         Sinhala Sangam MN.ttc
Arial Narrow Bold Italic.ttf         Kokonor.ttf
         Skia.ttf
Arial Narrow Bold.ttf                Krungthep.ttf
         SnellRoundhand.ttc
Arial Narrow Italic.ttf              KufiStandardGK.ttc
         Songti.ttc
Arial Narrow.ttf                     Lantinghei.ttc
         SukhumvitSet.ttc
Arial Rounded Bold.ttf               Lao MN.ttc
         SuperClarendon.ttc
Arial Unicode.ttf                    Lao Sangam MN.ttf
         Tahoma Bold.ttf
Arial.ttf                            Libian.ttc
         Tahoma.ttf
Athelas.ttc                          Luminari.ttf
         Tamil MN.ttc
Ayuthaya.ttf                         Malayalam MN.ttc
         Tamil Sangam MN.ttc
Baghdad.ttc                          Malayalam Sangam MN.ttc
         Telugu MN.ttc
Bangla MN.ttc                        Marion.ttc
         Telugu Sangam MN.ttc
Bangla Sangam MN.ttc                 Microsoft Sans Serif.ttf
         Times New Roman Bold Italic.ttf
Baoli.ttc                            Mishafi Gold.ttf
         Times New Roman Bold.ttf
Baskerville.ttc                      Mishafi.ttf
         Times New Roman Italic.ttf
Beirut.ttc                           MshtakanBold.ttf
         Times New Roman.ttf
BigCaslon.ttf                        MshtakanBoldOblique.ttf
         Trattatello.ttf
Bodoni 72 OS.ttc                     MshtakanOblique.ttf
         Trebuchet MS Bold Italic.ttf
Bodoni 72 Smallcaps Book.ttf         MshtakanRegular.ttf
         Trebuchet MS Bold.ttf
Bodoni 72.ttc                        Muna.ttc
         Trebuchet MS Italic.ttf
Bodoni Ornaments.ttf                 Myanmar MN.ttc
         Trebuchet MS.ttf
Bradley Hand Bold.ttf                Myanmar Sangam MN.ttf
         Verdana Bold Italic.ttf
Brush Script.ttf                     NISC18030.ttf
         Verdana Bold.ttf
Chalkboard.ttc                       Nadeem.ttc
         Verdana Italic.ttf
ChalkboardSE.ttc                     NanumGothic.ttc
         Verdana.ttf
Chalkduster.ttf                      NanumMyeongjo.ttc
         Waseem.ttc
Charter.ttc                          NanumScript.ttc
         WawaSC-Regular.otf
Cochin.ttc                           NewPeninimMT.ttc
         WawaTC-Regular.otf
Comic Sans MS Bold.ttf               Oriya MN.ttc
         Webdings.ttf
Comic Sans MS.ttf                    Oriya Sangam MN.ttc
         WeibeiSC-Bold.otf
Copperplate.ttc                      Osaka.ttf
         WeibeiTC-Bold.otf
Corsiva.ttc                          OsakaMono.ttf
         Wingdings 2.ttf
Courier New Bold Italic.ttf          PCmyoungjo.ttf
         Wingdings 3.ttf
Courier New Bold.ttf                 PTMono.ttc
         Wingdings.ttf
Courier New Italic.ttf               PTSans.ttc
         Xingkai.ttc
Courier New.ttf                      PTSerif.ttc
         Yu Gothic Bold.otf
DIN Alternate Bold.ttf               PTSerifCaption.ttc
         Yu Gothic Medium.otf
DIN Condensed Bold.ttf               Papyrus.ttc
         Yu Mincho Demibold.otf
Damascus.ttc                         Phosphate.ttc
         Yu Mincho Medium.otf
DecoTypeNaskh.ttc                    Pilgiche.ttf
         Yuanti.ttc
Devanagari Sangam MN.ttc             PlantagenetCherokee.ttf
         YuppySC-Regular.otf
DevanagariMT.ttc                     Raanana.ttc
         YuppyTC-Regular.otf
Didot.ttc                            STIXGeneral.otf
         Zapfino.ttf
Diwan Kufi.ttc                       STIXGeneralBol.otf
         encodings.dir
Diwan Thuluth.ttf                    STIXGeneralBolIta.otf
         fonts.dir
EuphemiaCAS.ttc                      STIXGeneralItalic.otf
         fonts.list
Farah.ttc                            STIXIntDBol.otf
         fonts.scale
Farisi.ttf                           STIXIntDReg.otf
         儷宋 Pro.ttf
Futura.ttc                           STIXIntSmBol.otf
         儷黑 Pro.ttf
Georgia Bold Italic.ttf              STIXIntSmReg.otf
         华文仿宋.ttf
Georgia Bold.ttf                     STIXIntUpBol.otf
         华文细黑.ttf
Georgia Italic.ttf                   STIXIntUpDBol.otf
         华文黑体.ttf
Georgia.ttf                          STIXIntUpDReg.otf
         ヒラギノ明朝 Pro W3.otf
GillSans.ttc                         STIXIntUpReg.otf
         ヒラギノ明朝 Pro W6.otf
Gujarati Sangam MN.ttc               STIXIntUpSmBol.otf
         ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3.otf
GujaratiMT.ttf                       STIXIntUpSmReg.otf
         ヒラギノ丸ゴ Pro W4.otf
GujaratiMTBold.ttf                   STIXNonUni.otf
         ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W6.otf
Gungseouche.ttf                      STIXNonUniBol.otf
         ヒラギノ丸ゴ ProN W4.otf
Gurmukhi MN.ttc                      STIXNonUniBolIta.otf
         ヒラギノ角ゴ Std W8.otf
Gurmukhi Sangam MN.ttc               STIXNonUniIta.otf
         ヒラギノ角ゴ StdN W8.otf
Gurmukhi.ttf                         STIXSizFiveSymReg.otf

/System/Library/Fonts/:
Apple Braille Outline 6 Dot.ttf      Helvetica LT MM
         STHeiti Thin.ttc
Apple Braille Outline 8 Dot.ttf      Helvetica.dfont
         STHeiti UltraLight.ttc
Apple Braille Pinpoint 6 Dot.ttf     HelveticaNeue.dfont
         Symbol.ttf
Apple Braille Pinpoint 8 Dot.ttf
HelveticaNeueDeskInterface.ttc       Thonburi.ttc
Apple Braille.ttf                    HiraKakuInterface-W1.otf
         Times LT MM
Apple Color Emoji.ttf                HiraKakuInterface-W2.otf
         Times.dfont
Apple Symbols.ttc                    Keyboard.ttf
         TimesLTMM
AppleSDGothicNeo-Bold.otf            Kohinoor.ttc
         ZapfDingbats.ttf
AppleSDGothicNeo-Regular.otf         LastResort.ttf
         encodings.dir
AquaKana.ttc                         LucidaGrande.ttc
         fonts.dir
ArialHB.ttc                          MarkerFelt.ttc
         fonts.list
Avenir Next Condensed.ttc            Menlo.ttc
         fonts.scale
Avenir Next.ttc                      Monaco.dfont
         ヒラギノ明朝 ProN W3.otf
Avenir.ttc                           Noteworthy.ttc
         ヒラギノ明朝 ProN W6.otf
Courier.dfont                        Optima.ttc
         ヒラギノ角ゴ ProN W3.otf
GeezaPro.ttc                         Palatino.ttc
         ヒラギノ角ゴ ProN W6.otf
Geneva.dfont                         STHeiti Light.ttc
HelveLTMM                            STHeiti Medium.ttc

> What are good/standard Sans Serif and Monotype fonts on Macs?

I think the system defaults are:
Helvetica Neue (in OS X 10.10), Lucida Grande (in 10.9 and
previous), Menlo Regular