DlangUI

Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 06:21:35 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 13:37:34 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 10:57:57 UTC, Vadim Lopatin
> wrote:
>> BTW, could you try on mac
>> https://github.com/buggins/dlangide.git as well?
>> It's dlangui-based D language IDE I'm currently working on.
>
> That works OK.
>
> The text is all horrible looking. This is probably due to (lack
> of) scaling support for high-res screens (retina).

Is graphics scaled too? If so, it's due to scaling.
Otherwise possible it's due to bad implementation of subpixel
antialiasing (aka ClearType).
I've submitted fix to disable subpixel antialiasing.

> The main menu's open ok, but a second click to close them does
> nothing. Clicking elsewhere does close them though.
>
> Not using the native OS X menu system leads to a rather grating
> experience. You'll get a similar story from Ubuntu Unity users.
It's known problem.

But it requires some work to update system menu.
I don't have mac to do it anyway.
Probably, someone will implement it later.