Harbored-mod (doc generator) 0.2: Cross-referencing, methods/fields no longer in separate files

Kiith-Sa via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 31 10:47:27 PST 2015

On Saturday, 31 January 2015 at 17:43:49 UTC, jklp wrote:
> On Saturday, 31 January 2015 at 15:31:37 UTC, Kiith-Sa wrote:
>> Harbored-mod (https://github.com/kiith-sa/harbored-mod) is a
>> documentation generator based on Brian Schott's Harbored that
>> supports both DDoc and Markdown in documentation comments.
>>
>> --------------------------
>> Examples of generated docs
>> --------------------------
>>
>> * Public imports in a package.d:
>>
>> http://defenestrate.eu/docs/tharsis-core/api/tharsis/entity.html
>> * Class with a template parameter, member functions and
>> aliases:
>>
>> http://defenestrate.eu/docs/tharsis-core/api/tharsis/entity/entitymanager/EntityManager.html
>> * Simple DDoc See_Also: section:
>>
>> http://defenestrate.eu/docs/tharsis-core/api/tharsis/entity/componenttypeinfo/ImmutableRawComponent.html
>> * Note: DDoc section with some markdown:
>>
>> http://defenestrate.eu/docs/tharsis-core/api/tharsis/entity/processtypeinfo.html#prioritizeProcessOverloads
>>

>> ------------------
>> Release highlights
>> ------------------
>>
>> * Automatic cross-referencing in code blocks and inline code
>>
>> * New (and now default) output format: "aggregated" HTML;
>>  generate documentation files only for aggregates (modules,
>>  structs, classes, etc.) and document non-aggregate members
>>  (functions, variables, etc.) in these files.
>>
>>  The previous, DDox compatible format, where a separate file
>>  is generated for every symbol, is still supported through
>>  the `--format=html-simple` option.
>>
>> * Various style and usability improvements
>> * Major refactoring
>> * Many bugfixes
>>

>> Full changelog:
>> https://github.com/kiith-sa/harbored-mod/releases/tag/v0.2.0
>
> Hello i get an error while trying to compile it on Win32, with
> dmd 2066.1:
>
>  Error 42: Symbol Undefined
> _D3std5array40__T5emptyTE14symboldatabase10SymbolTypeZ5emptyFNaNbNdNiNfxAE14symboldatabase10SymbolTypeZb
>
> demangled: pure nothrow @property @nogc @safe bool
> std.array.empty!(symboldatabase.SymbolType).empty(const(symboldatabase.SymbolType[]))
>
> the error only happend since commit
> 05ab80052d1b7d1dc3b1ff38c30addd9df7f3db4
>
> otherwise thx for this nice software.

Thanks for detecting the error/commit.

Unfortunately I have no way to test on Win32 currently, and on
Linux (32 or 64) I couldn't reproduce this (and AFAIK Mac build
works as well), but based on the demangled name I tried to
blindly fix a possible cause. That said, there is no "obvious"
cause; I suspect this may be a Win32-specific linker error.

Could you clone the current git master
(https://github.com/kiith-sa/harbored-mod.git) and try if it
works?