2015 H1 Vision

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 31 18:52:46 PST 2015

On 1/02/2015 2:17 p.m., Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Walter and I have been mulling for a while on a vision for the first six
> months of 2015.
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2015H1
>
> This is stuff we consider important for D going forward and plan to work
> actively on. We encourage the D community to focus contributions along
> the same lines.
>
> We intentionally kept the document short and high-level as opposed to
> discussing tactical details. Such discussions are encouraged in the
> appropriate forums.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Walter and Andrei

I'm personally slightly concerned about libraries into phobos. Not so
much libraries in general. But frameworks.
This is how we do x, kind.

Can we please keep opinionated "libraries" of how to do things away from
phobos?
An ORM is a great example of this. But a client library to e.g. Mysql is
fine.

Anyway enough about that, the plan is definitely looking good!