painlessjson released, looking for improvement advice

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 31 22:08:33 PST 2015

On Thursday, 29 January 2015 at 20:04:51 UTC, Pierre Krafft wrote:
> It's fun to see that there are so many different solutions to
> working with JSON in D. jsvar seems to be for keeping your
> variables in JavaScript-land, something I think is a bad idea
> in most cases. The idea of painlessjson is to convert to native
> D as fast as possible. The goal is to get something like
> https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson for D.
> We are still looking for input on how inheritance and
> constructors should work.

This is nothing new, I believe Vibe.d has a similar JSON
(de)serializer.

Here's my own:
https://github.com/CyberShadow/ae/blob/master/utils/json.d

Too slow? Try this one instead:

https://github.com/CyberShadow/ae/blob/master/utils/serialization/json.d

(Caveat: last one needs 5-ish compiler patches to work.)