LDC for iOS prebuilt binaries

Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 9 22:38:46 PDT 2015

Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> writes:

> Possible to make cross compilers for other hosts?
> Who uses a mac? ;)

Hi Manu - I wish I knew the answer.  I assume you are thinking Windows.
I just looked at some stackoverflow answers, specifically at Xamarin.iOS
for Windows, and all seem to require a Mac at somepoint in the iOS dev
process.

Just thinking now as I type:
- druntime, and phobos as built should be fine, since they are already
   cross compiled for iOS/arm
- ldc could be built as an iOS cross compiler on Windows with a little
   work
- that leaves: cross linker (I think Apple open sources it), and app
   tools to create, sign, and download apps.  Maybe someone in the
   field knows a solution.

http://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/getting_started/installation/windows/

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22358/how-can-i-develop-for-iphone-using-a-windows-development-machine

--