LDC for iOS prebuilt binaries

Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 10 08:41:14 PDT 2015

"Jack Stouffer" <jack at jackstouffer.com> writes:

> Does this have any way to call the iOS Obj-C libraries for UI
> rendering and the like? Or is that a separate project?

It is a separate project and is gradually getting pulled into DMD:

http://forum.dlang.org/post/mnm1sf$kp8$1@digitalmars.com

For now, you can write UI part in Objective-C and rest as D.  From D you
could call any of the C-based graphics APIs (e.g. CGContextFillRect) but
you'd have to write declarations - or try out Dstep:

https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep

Another approach is using a framework with D bindings like Allegro5.

http://forum.dlang.org/post/m2sicg48ff.fsf@comcast.net

This looked promising but I have not pursed beyond that post.
--
Dan