This Week in D #23 - Interview with Dmitry Olshansky, dmd beta, std.experimental.color

Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 10 14:58:09 PDT 2015

On 11-Jul-2015 00:26, Joakim wrote:
> On Friday, 10 July 2015 at 20:42:02 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:

>>> Looks like you have a question on reddit, not sure how he reached that
>>> conclusion though:
>>>
>>> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/3ck3ru/interview_with_dmitry_olshansky_author_of_ds/
>>>

>> Answered. Never knew it was there at all.
>
> Oh, he's probably reacting to these two quotes:
>
> "In the end, it turned out that UTF decoding had become the bottleneck
> and it's soon to be removed."
> "The key one is to remove decoding of UTF and match directly on the
> encoded chars"

On second thought should have said it like "match directly on encoded
characters _as if decoding_ them w/o actually going for decoded code
point values". Still confusing I guess.

--
Dmitry Olshansky