New D book available for pre-order: D Web Development

Kai Nacke via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 22 08:29:19 PDT 2015

Hi all!

Did you notice that development of LDC has been a bit slowly in
the past? The reason is my book D Web Development, available now
for pre-order:
https://www.packtpub.com/web-development/d-web-development

The story behind the book:
Some time after the review of the "D Cookbook" I was asked by
Packt Publishing if I would be interested in writing a book about
web development with D. By that time I used vibe.d only as a test
case for LDC :-) But then I took a closer look at the features of
vibe.d and got enthusiastic about it. I agreed to write the book.
Hopefully the book shows much fun it is to use D for web
applications.

For me writing a book is an incredible experience. It's
challenging because I am not a native English speaker. But I am
having lot of fun in exploring all the details, creating examples
and writing about it. I learned a lot in this process, including
some more D programming. :-)

A big thank to all (known and unknown) reviewers, to Andrei for
contributing the foreword and all others who helped in one way or
the other.

Having finished about 60% of the chapters, the other 40% and the
rework due to comments still absorb most of my time. Please be
patient if fixing LDC bugs  takes some more time as usual.

Regards,
Kai