Vibe-d MQTT client library

TC via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 25 11:51:12 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 25 July 2015 at 17:46:23 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Saturday, 25 July 2015 at 15:23:48 UTC, TC wrote:
>> It's tested against RabbitMQ[1] message broker.
>
> You also intend to work on a direct AMQP implementation?

It would be nice to have too, but according to specs[0], it seems
to bee a lot of effort to make in comparison to MQTT.

Maybe STOMP[1] protocol can be interesting too, but it's even
simpler..

Btw what version of AMQP will be preferred? I guess 1.0, but it's
totally different to 0.9.1 which RabbitMQ mainly uses.

I can read through specs to at least see how hard it is, I can
imagine doing the packets serializations/deserializations (it's
not hard, but takes time to write packet structures and proper
unit tests), but for now I'm just learning vibe-d and don't feel
too confident in it to write protocol that complex - but with
shared efforts it can be done ;-)

[0]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/amqp/core/v1.0/amqp-core-complete-v1.0.pdf
[1] https://stomp.github.io/stomp-specification-1.2.html