Beta D 2.068.0-b2

Joseph Cassman via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 28 18:52:32 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 28 July 2015 at 09:30:38 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Monday, 27 July 2015 at 18:58:33 UTC, Joseph Cassman wrote:
>> Sorry for the following rant but I am frustrated by the poor
>> quality of support for Windows 64 development.
>
> Try http://rainers.github.io/visuald/visuald/StartPage.html.
>
>> By way of comparison, I can download other languages and run
>> their installer. After that everything just works: linker
>> included. Why do I have to install a MS toolchain just to get
>> 64-bit linking for DMD?
>
> What languages and what linkers are they using?
>
>> I like D a lot. I have been using it for a while. But I have
>> always had trouble with Win64 development. I need that
>> platform for my work. But I will have to dev on Linux again
>> just for 64-bit support. And hope that this can finally get
>> fixed. Although I am real close to just walking away on this
>> one.

Thanks for the pointer. I took a look. I could be wrong but it
seems it is geared toward using D in VS. This is a little
different than my use-case. I use D with a text editor and the
console. So I am just looking for a 64-bit linker. I was forced
to install VS to get one since for some reason the 7A and 8.1
Windows SDK's did not install a complete 64-bit toolchain for me.

Yeah, I used the Windows D installer after the toolchain was
in-place. So I figured the sc.ini should have been automatically
set.

Your next post is more to the point of what I am trying to do.
I'll try out a redux on the path I took to install to give more
clarity. It'll take a while since I have to uninstall VS2015.

Appreciate the feedback.

Joseph