Beta D 2.068.0-b2

Joseph Cassman via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 29 18:03:49 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 at 18:13:22 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 at 15:45:19 UTC, Taylor Hillegeist
> wrote:
>> I guess what I mean to say is that they did it, maybe it can
>> be done.
>
> Of course it can be done with an additional license agreement
> with microsoft.
>
>> Of course VS Shell is still way more than is necessary for our
>> purposes.
>
> I believe VS shell is redistributable, because it was made
> exactly for that.

Yeah, if the linker (and other relevant files) for Win64 could be
licensed from MS so they could be packaged with the DMD installer
that would be a sweet deal. I know D is in bootstrap mode right
now but this could be one of the things that helps get it to the
necessary polished phase that helps get the acceptance past the
10,000 mark.

It takes a standard half-day or so to install Visual Studio. So
any way to make setting up a Win64 environment faster is much
appreciated. And I would feel necessary to get wide acceptance.

Joseph