DConf 2015 has ended. See you in Berlin at DConf 2016!

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 1 05:39:12 PDT 2015

On Monday, 1 June 2015 at 12:00:53 UTC, extrawurst wrote:
>> Thanks for the chance to be there! Even if I am dissapointed
>> with many decisions being made, the main thing is that D is
>> getting new users and new success stories. And DConf tells
>> those stories :)
>
> Out of curiosity, what decisions are you talking about ?

I think these are most unpleasant ones for me:

- Same hypocrite attitude to language/stdlib breaking changes
that neither allows to fix it nor gives stability guarantees.

- Going for kitchen sink Phobos (and distributing vibe.d as part
of Phobos)

- Moving fibers between threads (though there is some hope that
Liran managed to convince Walter it is a bad idea)

On the other hand, AST macros have been officially rejected and
that I like a lot :)