DConf 2015 has ended. See you in Berlin at DConf 2016!

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 1 09:23:14 PDT 2015

On 6/1/15 11:40 AM, Dan Olson wrote:
> "Dicebot" <public at dicebot.lv> writes:
>
>> - Moving fibers between threads (though there is some hope that Liran
>> managed to convince Walter it is a bad idea)
>
> I am interesting in this one.  What was the decision, that Fibers should
> or should not be allowed to migrate between threads?  Is the discussion
> in one of the recorded talks?

Walter said that fibers must be movable between threads, it was part of
the AMA I think (day 1 final talk).

I will note to those reading this thread, the absolute most phenomenal
part of attending the d conference is the live discussion that happens
between talks, and afterwards over drinks/dinner. The live streams and
recorded talks are no substitute. Just a nudge for anyone who is on the
fence for next year :) I hope I can go next year, need to get that
passport in order...

-Steve