forum.dlang.org, version 2 (BETA)

Mike via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 4 18:16:23 PDT 2015

On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 00:49:48 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

> Consider the space bar's current functionality: it jumps to the
> next unread post. How would it work in this scheme? Would it go
> down within a thread and then jump up to the next thread? Or
> would it keep going down, going through older posts within a
> thread but newer threads?

I think spacebar should just go down the list linearly however
they are sorted.

> An option to reverse sorting direction could be added I
> suppose, but... why do you say that your proposal seems
> natural? Is it implemented that way elsewhere?

The threaded view is implemented that way, only its split between
two pages (page 1 lists threads latest first, page 2 sorts them
hierarchically.  That's natural to me.

> The horizontal-split mode (and its sorting direction) is not
> new, BTW.

I know, but I prefer the other views given its current
implementation (maybe others do too).  But I would prefer the
horizontal-split if it worked more like threaded.