forum.dlang.org, version 2 (BETA)

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 4 18:37:42 PDT 2015

On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 01:05:32 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 6/4/15 5:08 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 00:06:04 UTC, Charles wrote:
>>> Any change of making the D Logo redirect to dlang.org rather
>>> than the
>>> forum itself?
>>
>> No, I'm very used to clicking the logo to back to the forum
>> index, and I
>> suspect so are many others.
>>
>> You can use the "D Home" links to go to dlang.org.
>
> Speaking of home - currently the table at
> http://beta.forum.dlang.org allocates disproportionally large
> space for the first column, and squeezes the second
> (interesting) column into a relatively small space.

Why do you think the second column is interesting? The only thing
that doesn't fit is thread subjects, which can be very long and
you can read them in full once you click through. The group
descriptions in the first column, on the other hand, are not
visible elsewhere and are more interesting for newcomers.

> I also figure the font used throughout is just _big_ - I have
> the reflex of pressing Command-0 to reset it to normal after
> zooming. But it's not zoomed. It's just big.

Perhaps simply because it's bigger than on forum.dlang.org?

> Also, after thinking today about the universe and everything, I
> concluded that that's without a doubt the ugliest bold font
> created by the human civilization.

Except for the bold part, believe it or not, it's exactly the
same font as we use on dlang.org, size and all (Verdana 14px).
And as for the bold part, it doesn't look so bad on Windows, so
what does that say about the famed OS X font rendering? :D