Coedit version 1 rc1 released

Basile Burg via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 5 04:40:53 PDT 2015

On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 10:24:10 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> On 5/06/2015 7:43 p.m., Basile Burg wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Ideas:
> - Put background shading/box around highlighted {}. To make
> open/close be more prominent.
> - For pointers, have the type highlighted one level darker then
> the *. So e.g. type** would be [[[type]*]*] where [] indicate
> shading level when the last * is highlighted over.
> * Make source file close have a button. Its not obvious enough
> to use the keyboard shortcut. I accidentally closed the widget
> thinking I was going bye bye to the file.
>
> Bugs:
> * Message widget was very temperamental to the point of
> erroring out when resizing (as it took up the entire middle
> area).
> * When e.g. source code widget is external to main window it
> will open in the most minimalistic form if the main window gets
> minimized and reopened.
> * __gshared, @nogc, @property not highlighted.
>
> Atleast for me, without dub support I can't use it. Although if
> debugging support existed on Windows that would be a massive
> plus.
>
> Oh and if compiler cannot be found, make it a LOT easier to
> configure it. As in I have compiler e.g. dmd here. Now use it.
>
> One thing, perhaps for atleast Windows, support e.g. ldc out of
> the box. As a seperate no install package.

- source file close have only a button under linux.
- Put background shading/box around highlighted {}: bracket match
can be customized in the options.
- docking: keep them all docked, there is a bug with this. The
software will not save an invalid layout.
- ldc: Version 1 is an IDE for the DMD compiler.