Reggae binary backend: build your project with a D compiled executable

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 8 01:00:10 PDT 2015

On Monday, 8 June 2015 at 06:59:26 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
> On Monday, 8 June 2015 at 05:51:58 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
>>>
>>> Why strip?
>>
>> I meant "strip" in a general sense, not in the sense of
>> stripping symbols.
>>
>> Atila
>
> I still agree with what he says. ninja and make have had
> countless manhours poured into them, from optimizations to
> bugfixes. D community seems obsessed with NIH.

I'm personally more than ok with using ninja (as mentioned
previously, make is slow). Or tup, which I plan to add a backend
for.

But... if we're to think of replacing the current Makefiles for
dmd, druntime and phobos, and if the build descriptions that are
to replace them are to be truly cross-platform, then a binary
backend is needed and a stripped down version that won't clutter
the repositories desired.

The version available on dub will always be one with all the
features turned on.

Atila