This Week in D #19: Reggae, ranges, and DConf Wed. Afternoon summary

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 8 16:45:10 PDT 2015

On Monday, 8 June 2015 at 23:36:39 UTC, Baz wrote:
> By the way the user (bot?) 'qnzc_bot' who usually relays the D
> announces from here to /r/d_language/ seems out of order since
> a big week. Does anyone know what's happen ?

I do.

I blocked it.

It was behaving very poorly and consuming a disproportionate
amount of resources.

(I didn't actually know this for sure before this post. I blocked
a poorly behaving robot which I suspected was qnzc_bot, but
wasn't sure.)

Also, IMHO: I think the bot killed the subreddit. There's hardly
any discussion there now.